Our Aroma Awakener Kits are designed to help you regain your sense of smell through olfactory training. Olfactory training is like physical therapy, but for your olfactory nerve.
Post-viral olfactory issues are common for many people after recovering from COVID-19 or other viruses.
Consistency and patience are key in olfactory training. It is going to take time for your sense of smell to improve.
How to do olfactory training
Olfactory training is performed with four different essential oils to stimulate different olfactory receptor nerves. Using the oils in your Aroma Awakener Kit follow the steps below.
- For 15 seconds each, hold the open bottle up to your nose and inhale slowly and deeply through your nose
- Take about a 10 second break between each bottle
- Focus on your perception and memories associated with each smell
- Repeat this process 2 – 3 times daily for 6 months
TIP – many of our clients keep their kits near their toothbrush as a reminder to complete the training at least twice daily.
Usage Warning and Care Instructions
- Ensure you wash you hands thoroughly after completing the training to ensure there is no transfer of undiluted oils to skin or eyes.
- These oils are undiluted to ensure optimal strength for olfactory training, as such, they may cause skin or eye irritation.
- All citrus oils (ex: lemon) are photo sensitive, which means if applied to skin in and in direct sunlight, skin burns will occur.
- Please keep your oils out of reach of children and animals as they can be poisonous.